Gemr user pop_culture_mad is in the spotlight this week and deservedly so. He has 41 different collections and has uploaded 298 items! To see his wide array of figures, Amiibo and comic books, click here.
1. How did you first get into collecting?
That’s a tough one. You could say from when I got my first Star Wars Kenner figures! But I’d say from the early nineties when I started my Super Nintendo Collection.
2. Where do you usually go to find items to add to your collection?
The bulk of my collection comes from overseas. Unfortunately over here in Dubai, we have very few options. It’s gotten better over the past few years, but it still is nothing like abroad.
3. Which item is your absolute favorite?
4. How much do you think your most valuable item is worth?
I am a proud owner of a Sideshow Collectibles Artist Proof Doctor Doom on Throne. Very few exist and recently one sold on eBay for $10,000!
5. Would you ever consider selling your collection?
They always say never say never, so I guess if I was given the choice of fulfilling another dream in return for the sale, then maybe.
6. Do you go to events where you can meet people who collect?
Yes, I visit comic-cons and collector meet ups whenever I can.
7. Do you think your collection will ever be “complete”?
Boy I wish! Unfortunately we are living the dream in terms of collectibles (a double-edged sword of pleasure and pain). There are awesome items being released almost weekly so I guess we’re very far from reaching complete status .
8. Do your friends and co-workers know about your collectibles?
Only some of them. I still think that this hobby is far from being acceptable. My own family still has “doubts”.
9. What is your “holy grail” item?
Dr. Doom on Throne Artist Proof.