Last Updated May 13, 2015
Translation: By using the Site, you agree to adhere to all of our rules and Policies.
Translation: The translations and headings have no effect on the meaning of the Gemr Policies.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal data which allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, avatar, address, geo-location information, birthdate, telephone number, e-mail address, Facebook or Google contact data, as well as any other non-public information about you (each individually or together, the “Profile Data”) that is associated with or linked to your Account (as defined below) on the Site.
- Data that is not associated with or linked to your Profile Data (“Anonymous Data”). Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
- Text, data, pictures or any other Content that you post on the Site.
- Your user name, password information, and associated Profile Data used to create a profile on the Site (collectively your “Account”).
- Information about your location depending on the permissions you have set on your device and/or your Gemr Account preferences.
- If you buy or sell on Gemr we may retain tokenized credit card information and/or any payment service information including without limitation relevant PayPal account data.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other Content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, contests and/or promotions we may collect additional Profile Data.
- When you post messages, comments or other Content on the Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other Members and Internet users will be able to see it.
- We may also collect additional Profile Data, such as at other points in the Site that state or otherwise indicate that Profile Data is being collected.
Translation: We only collect what we have to and you have choices as to what we collect.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a Member in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Site;
- provide the Gemr Site and services to you;
- allow you to share your Content with other Members;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Site;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account is created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Site and for other marketing purposes of Gemr.
Translation: We use this information to communicate with you and improve our Site and services.
USE OF ANONYMOUS DATA
Anonymous Data may be used to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance our Site and to improve Site navigation. Gemr reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its sole and absolute discretion.
Translation: We can use Anonymous Data to improve our Site and services.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TECHNOLOGY
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive or device while you are viewing a website. We may use both “Session Cookies” (which expire once you close your Web browser) and “Persistent Cookies” (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Site. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s help file directions.
To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect “Log Data.” Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
When you access the Site by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, your location information and other statistics.
Translation: Your computer or device shares technical data with us and we use it to improve the Site and services.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Profile Data. Except as required for Gemr to facilitate transactions between Members, you have the freedom to choose what Profile Data that we collect and store and how we use it. As such, you may choose to provide us with as much or as little Profile Data as you wish and to prevent us from sharing any of your identifiable Profile Data with third parties. However, Gemr must be permitted, at a minimum, to collect and store your email address.
We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of the. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service related communications.
Translation: If you’re not buying or selling on Gemr, you choose what info that we keep.
MEMBERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Your Profile Data (as defined below) may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of such data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Translation: Non-US Member identifiable and anonymous info may be handled differently than in your home country.
YOUR INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS AND INTERNET USERS
By using our Site, including but not limited to posting Content and Profile Data, you acknowledge that Gemr is a community in which Members freely publish and share such Profile Data and Content. You further acknowledge that Gemr does not shield such Profile Data and Content information from access by other Gemr Members and Internet users.
Translation: Anything you post on Gemr may be visible to other Members and the Internet.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Profile Data to advertising networks. However, Anonymous Data and/or Profile Data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Translation: We may share your identifiable info with sibling or parent companies and anyone we buy or who buys us.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS: Occasionally, at our discretion, we may provide access to, links to or information about third party products or services via our Site. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party sites have separate and independent policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Gemr may share your Profile Data with third party providers to:
- provide you with the services that we offer you through the Site;
- to conduct quality assurance testing;
- to facilitate creation of Accounts;
- to provide technical support; and/or
- to provide other services to Gemr.
These third party service providers are required not to use your Profile Data other than to provide the services requested by Gemr. If you engage in a transaction with another Member via the Gemr Site, we may transfer your Profile Data information to that Member.
Translation: We may share your information with third parties to improve the Site but we are not responsible for any non-Gemr materials or content.
LAW ENFORCEMENT: Gemr may disclose Profile Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
- in connection with any legal investigation;
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Gemr;
Translation: Gemr may share info that identifies you with Law Enforcement.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Gemr is committed to protecting the security of your Profile Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Profile Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Profile Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Translation: We do our best to protect your info, but nothing is bulletproof.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Furthermore, our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (a “Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Child or Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. While we are not under any obligation to actively monitor our site for such information, if we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a Child or Children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will do our best to remove that information from our servers in a timely manner.
CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may change or delete any of your Profile Data in your Account at any time by using the “Profile Edit” button on your account homepage. If you wish to delete you profile completely you may do so by contacting Gemr and requesting that your profile be deleted. However, please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements) in order to comply with the law, enforce the Site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
Translation: You control your Profile Data but if deleted we may be required to keep it temporarily.
Translation: Please check this page for changes, as it’s the only way you’ll know about them.
Translation: This policy only covers data we collect via your use of the Site.
230 Commerce Way, Suite 325
Portsmouth, NH 03801 – USA